Summer in Texas is quiet simply the worst. It’s hot and humid and if your not in love you might as well be dead.
I hate the heat, I don’t respond well to being hot and I hate wearing sandals. I also sweat a lot.
Summer is meant to be enjoyed from the inside of your home with the AC turned up so high you shiver when you leave the fort of blankets your made to avoid the sun.
So cuddle up with your pet, alcoholic beverage of choice in hand, and take a gander at this list of amazing television and movies!
- Gilmore Girls- This show has always been there for me, since my darkest hours in middle school to last month when I wanted to die. Gilmore Girls is one of my favorite Dramadies (that’s Comedy + Drama). It’s seven seasons plus a four part reboot that I don’t really like to talk about, but it’s great fun and ridiculously heartwarming. A beautiful look at the lives of two fiercely independent women, and Melissa McCarthy is in it! Take a trip to Stars Hollow this summer I hear it’s lovely this time of year!
- Spider-Man Homecoming- If you are keeping up then you know my love for the most recent Spider-Man reboot is boundless and as deep as the ocean. Tom Holland is a universal treasure and my future husband. Spider-Man Homecoming is a fresh take on a very familiar superhero tale. The young actors in this film feel painfully authentic and it’s so funny. It’s the perfect summer film, light and breezy.
- The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt- As much as it pains me to say this show is coming to end, I am gonna have to recommend a hasty rewatch before you plunge into the last season! One of my favorite comedies The Unbreakable Kimmy Shcmidt has just the right amount of quirkiness and charm to let me forget most of my troubles. America doesn’t deserve the talents of Tituss Burgess and you know what nether does the rest of the world! This is the ultimate feel good show! Available on Netflix.
- Carol- One of my favorite queer films of all time!! If you haven’t seen Carol have you even truly lived?? The answer is no, but don’t worry this breathtaking film starring Cate Blanchett is available to stream on Netflix! The fashion will leave you breathless and the acting is just to die for, and did I mention the overwhelming sexual tension???? Make Summer Gay Again, America!
- BoJack Horseman- One of my favorite animated shows starring a horse! It has a really interesting look into depression and addiction. I also love animal puns and if you do too this is a show for you. It’s a dark comedy with an all star cast that includes Will Arnett and the impeccable Allison Brie! I love to binge this show and then have an existential crisis! But like a good one…
Summer isn’t merely a season for some it’s a way of life, filled with sunblock, trips the beach, and becoming an elusive picturesque version of themselves. To me it’s like New Years Eve there is just too much pressure to enjoy yourself. It just is. Summer isn’t anything special, but this list of shows and films are! Take the time to relax, kick up your feet, and forget that the sun is trying to kill us!
Also Stay Hydrated.